IDS Mission and Objectives
IDS mission is to facilitates sustainable development programme to improve on the living conditions of vulnerable women, youth, children and other minority groups through Peace-building, Socio-economics empowerment, Education, Health (HIV/AIDS and SRHR) and promotion of Democracy, Justice and Equity in Nigeria.
To provide Socio-ecomomic empowerment opportunities through livelihood vocational skills, entrepreneurship development, revolving fund, market access and financial linkage services to women, youth, smallholder farmers and cooperative societies to boost income generation, poverty alleviation and employment creation in Nigeria.
· To promote the fundamental human rights and address the issue of gender based violence(GBV) among vulnerable women, youth, children and other minority groups through awareness creation, advocacy programme and capacity building in Nigeria.
· To promote good governance and community infrastructural development, public health care services and provision of potable water and sanitation.
To promote marginalized children access to education through enrollment campaign, payment of school fees, training of teachers, provision of educational materials and pycho-social support services in Nigeria.
To promote peaceful co-existence through capacity building, advocacy and sensitization programme on conflict in the society.
VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN (VAW) HELPLINE: 08099936317
VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN (VAW) HELPLINE: 08099936317. IDS-Intercommunity Development Social Organisation is currently running violence against women (VAW) helpline in partnership with Justice for All (J4A)-DFID. The Etisalat Toll free line is to provide services for women and girls in Nigeria experiencing different forms of violence (Violence against the girl child - violence related to exploitation, Psychological or emotional violence, Sexual harassment and violence in public space/institutions, Gender-based violence in refugee/internally displaced persons (IDPs) camps, and Economic violence) their family, friends, colleagues and others calling on their behalf. The Helpline is staffed by fully trained female support workers and volunteers. All call are completely confidential.
OUR AIMS AND OBJECTIVES
2. To provide Micro-finance (credit) to the less privileged women and youth who do not have collateral securities to obtain loans from financial institutions to boost income generating activities (IGA).
3. To train and empower the less privileged women, youth and children on various skills acquisition programs such as Tailoring, Dress making (Knitting), Hair dressing, Hat and Beat making and Computer operation to reduce poverty, create employment opportunities and to promote income generating activities (IGA).
4. To promote environmental sustainability and development through capacity building and empowerment.
5. To promote democracy and gender equality at the grass roots community by mobilizing and building capacity of rural women and youth to participate in politics and socio-economic development.
6. To facilitate Community infrastructural development through building of Schools, Primary health care and provision of potable drinking water and sanitation
7. Mobilization of communities, civil society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholder at the community level against corruption.
8. To create awareness, re-integrate and empowered victims of human trafficking and commercial sex workers(CSW)on Psycho-socio and economic support for self reliance